What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our site www.drivetheo.com (our site).
Who we are and how to contact us.
www.drivetheo.com is a site operated by ThingCo ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11106355 and have our registered office 15th Floor 6 Bevis Marks, London, England, EC3A 7BA. Our VAT number is 295111116. z
Regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities (44164)
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please go to https://drivetheo.com/pages/contact-us.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply https://drivetheo.com/pages/terms-and-conditions will apply to the sales.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 25/02/2019.
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
Our site is only for users in the UK. Unfortunately, we will only be able to provide our services to the UK mainland.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. You must keep your account details safe.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at https://drivetheo.com/pages/contact-us.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for sites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked sites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of supply https://drivetheo.com/pages/terms-and-conditions .
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
We will only use your personal information as set out in our https://drivetheo.com/pages/privacy-policy .
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards of acceptable use:
Acceptable Use Policy
As a condition of your use of the site, you agree:
- not to use the site for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by this policy;
- not to use the site to commit any act of fraud;
- not to use the site to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- not to use the site for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- not to use the site to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- not to use the site in any manner that disrupts the operation of our site or business or the site or business of any other entity;
- not to use the site in any manner that harms minors;
- not to promote any unlawful activity;
- not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- not to use the site to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- not to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods; and
- to comply with the provisions relating to our intellectual property rights and software contained in our https://drivetheo.com/pages/terms-and-conditions .
Bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive services
- We may make bulletin boards, chat rooms or other communication services (Interactive Services) available on the site.
- We are not obliged to monitor or moderate submissions to our Interactive Services. Where we do monitor or moderate submissions, we shall indicate how this is performed and who should be contacted in relation to any submission of concern to you.
- We may remove or edit any submissions to any of our Interactive Services whether they are moderated or not.
- Any submission you make must comply with our Submission standards set out below.
User generated content standards
- any submission or communication to users of our site must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably. In particular, you warrant that any submission or communication is:
- your own original work and lawfully submitted;
- factually accurate or your own genuinely held belief;
- provided with the necessary consent of any third party;
- not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- not offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive; and
- unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to others.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on https://drivetheo.com/pages/contact-us .
Linking and framing
You may create a link to our site from another site without our prior written consent provided no such link:
- creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our site;
- implies that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the site on which you place a link to our site;
- displays any of the trade marks or logos used on our site without our permission or that of the owner of such trade marks or logos; or
- is placed on a site that itself does not meet the acceptable use requirements of this policy.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with standards of acceptable use, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in these terms.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact https://drivetheo.com/pages/contact-us .
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?